Jack and Jyll

Jack and Jyll

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Adventures in Lady Bug Land

Today we celebrated Jyll's 4th birthday. It was a small party with family. We had a theme of Lady Bugs and Hello Kitty.I made a Lady bug cake, a lady bug watermelon fruit bowl and lady bug cupcakes. We had lady bug party favors also.

Now I must stop here to try and explain Jyll's obsession with Lady Bugs. She has had an imaginary lady bug friend for about 6 months now. It started out that she was going to Lady Bug rock with "lady bug". Then she started bringing "lady bug" to eat dinner with us. She even needed her own plate, napkin, etc... Next when I was pregnant with Jack she told me she had lady bugs in her belly and they would come out when I  had Jack. She couldn't wait that long for them to come out though. For Easter my sister gave Jyll a pair of lady bug rain boots. She wears them to garden or just to run around in the yard. We even had lady bug Easter eggs. She has acquired over the past few months about 4 stuffed lady Bugs, a lady bug pillow pet, we have painted lady bug rocks. She even knows how to draw lady bugs now and even has started to give them some dimension instead of just a flat bug.

I even Made Jyll 2 lady bug dresses for her Birthday and the party. I have to upload some pictures of the day and my creations. Jyll was very happy with everything and that was all I could ask for.

On a funny note while Grandma was setting up the tent for the party. Jyll decided to dig up a patch of grass right in the middle of the tent and look for worms. She then came running into the house screaming like a banshee because "a daddy long leg spider was crawling on me" I wanted to laugh but asked instead if it bit her she said no it was just crawling on her. She likes to look at them but not touch them. I find it funny that my Jyll will pick up worms, snails,newts and toads but wont touch a spider. More on adventures in the gardens at a later date.

Pictures from today to follow in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment